Wednesday 20 May 2009

Waiting for the phone to ring

I had a telephone interview yesterday with a bloke I 'met' on Guru.com. He's in Altrincham of all places, and needs help with customer support - could mean anything! I spoke to him for about 20 minutes or so yesterday, feeling extremely self-conscious and at the end of the conversation, he said he'd like to have a more "formal and structured" telephone interview with me today, in fact, now, in fact he should have rung an hour ago!

Is he stuck somewhere? Has he died? Is his phone on the blink?

Should I wait? How long for?

I've got all three kids plus a friend at home (the usual Wednesday afternoon scenario) and notes everywhere saying SILENCE and all the doors closed and I have to say that they have been extremely quiet this last hour - NOT normal!

I've got to go out to get some shopping as it's a Bank Holiday here tomorrow again - typical! Also, there are some French people due in the gites.

Stress, I wrote the book.

I probably wouldn't want to work for him anyway! His site is at lee hyphen mcintyre dot com, have a look, you'll see what I mean! (Take out the spaces, and put a full stop where the dot is!) I'd hate him to read this one day! I mean, it might all end happily! I could certainly use the money.

2 comments:

Frances said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by at mine. I'm wondering if you ever got to have that phone call in the end!

Peacock Feather said...

Frances

Thanks for stopping by! No, the telephone never rang, just my luck, he must have got somebody else. My internet connection's been down for nearly a week, which almost gave me a nervous breakdown - we have to rely on this technology SO much! Makes me wonder how everybody else copes, or am I just unlucky? Love your blog, keep it going!