Thursday 2 December 2010

Thought for the Day




I have a body, but I am not my body;

I have desires, but I am not my desires;

I have thoughts, but I am not my thoughts;

I have ideas, but I am not my ideas;

I have feelings, but I am not my feelings;

I have fears, but I am not my fears;

I have hopes, but I am not my hopes;

I have understanding, but I am not my understanding;

I have knowledge, but I am not my knowledge;

I have wisdom, but I am not my wisdom;

I am not these things, I am only she who perceives these things.

Consciousness is all there is, I am not the do-er.



(Copyright The Natural Magician by Vivianne Crowley)

(Except the last line, which came from "Onions to Pearls by Satyam Nadeen)


Buy the first book here. and the second book here!

Gone all mystical on you today! This is what I recite to myself when I'm trying to fall asleep. I never get much further than line four!!


The photo was taken on one of my favourite Woody walks - enjoy!!

No comments: