Tuesday 18 November 2008

Paid (I hope) employment - at last!

Well, theoretically, I do get paid by the business we run here in France. Unfortunately, I've yet to see the colour of the money as it all gets ploughed back into the business and everyday living expenses. It's been 15 long years since I last had a proper payslip backed up by money in the bank. All that however is set to end. This morning, I got offered a job!

And not just any old job, either - how does hem hem "Bi-lingual Executive Assistant - EU" sound? Too good to be true - I thought so too. Long story short, I registered with a website on which you bid for jobs (bit like E-bay). Things like designing websites, secretarial stuff, transcription etc etc. This firm in Philadelphia contacted me and after much discussion by email I've been offered the job. Downside is that it's only $8 an hour but I don't care - at least it's in the right direction!

Another job that came out of this website was "Despatching Packages - France". I get $4 per package, plus postage reimbursed for sending on Amazon books to addresses in France - I got my first one yesterday, but I can't tell you much more than that as I've signed a Non Disclosure Agreement - so I'd have to kill you!

Oh Hap-Hap-Happy Day! 'Course, I haven't seen ANY money yet! These things take time -thank God for Paypal! (Ever the optimist).

No comments: